Thursday, September 10, 2009

Birthday Girl

Well today is Skylas Birthday. I cant believe its been two years! Even though I was completely heart broken when I lost her I find comfort in knowing shes in a much better place and i'm convinced shes up there teaching her Grandpa and Great grandpa and many other family members what they need for all of us to be an eternal family! So today Me, Josh, and Harlee went and put ballons on her headstone (ugh I hate that word by the way so we'll call it her Eternal Bed.) Josh also gave me two white roses and wrote me this beautiful poem(what an amazing husband right?), its called Skylas promise:

Painful Heart, eyes full of tears
she could not let her go
she wanted her for many years
Her soul would take the blow


I promise mom I'll love you still
I'll do my duty there
If lonely you begin to feel
Just talk to me through prayer


I promise I will be real good,
and do my homework too.
I'll brush my teeth like I should
in a world not too far from you.


I Promise I will do my best
to help others along the way.
kindness ill give to the rest,
and bless them day by day


Your really one special Mommy
on earth chosen to stay.
Now its your turn to promise me
that I'll see you again someday.
-Josh Stockton

So of course I cried after reading that and yes I cried again while typing it!
I love my little family and cant wait til we can be with Skyla again!!





I LOVE this qoute from Joseph Smith

" The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again. . . . "-Joseph Smith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tam this is the sweetest post I have ever read and of course I cried too while reading but we both know that I am the good one at that...tell Josh that I appreciate what a wonderful father, husband, and best friend he is to you I truly think he is an answer to all of our prayers for you! I have a hard time because I miss my niece too and I know that she is a special angel watching over all of us and that we can be with her someday what a great day that will be. Please know that I love you so much and your little family and I am so honored not only to call you my sister but my friend!

Anonymous said...

you have an amazing husband. That poem is beautiful. It made me cry as well. I am sure that sweet skyla is up there and made sure that all of our babies came to us healthy and strong. She is so beautiful and I miss her everyday. Next time you go to her eternal bed give her my love. Love you all. can't wait to see you. hopefully nest month.